Friday, January 30, 2015

Favorites Entry 2: January 2015


     Hello, My lovelies! I'm beyond excited for today's post! I'm seriously writing this more than a week ahead of time(I would like to add that I'm not finishing in untill 1/30, though...), but I just can't wait! I want to share this month's favorites with you right this very second!

     1. My wall of poetry

My wall of beauty!

     To start things off I'd like to show you my masterpiece (Dun, dun, dunnn!)

     This my epic wall of poetry! It's actually even greater now. This picture was taken in its earliest of days. All of the poetry on this wall is my own...and, to be honest, this entire wall wouldn't be able to hold all the poetry I've written. I'm addicted to writing to poetry...it's wonderful.

     2. North and South(BBC)
     
North and South poster (via Pinterest)

     Okay, ages ago (I mean months ago) I started reading the North and South book by Elizabeth Gaskell...and I failed. I gave it try, after try, after try I wanted to love it so badly! Eventually, I broke down and watched the BBC adaption on Netflix. I loved it! I enjoyed it so much that I've been inspired to give the book yet another try. If you don't fall in love with Mr. Thornton (Richard Armitage)then I will--Well, I already have *swoon*! I love Margaret (Daniela Denby-Ashe) too! She's just awkward enough and just proper enough to be terribly likable! You have got to check this one out. You won't be disappointed!

  
     3. All the lovely books I've acquired this past month
     
My books! (Ft. the necklace from my bestie!)
     I think I went to the bookstore twice this month. Well, I went to two separate bookstores...but books are books, am I right? The first time I went, it was to my usual bookstore(with Bestie in tow). It was there that I purchased The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict by Trenton Lee Stewart (Pictured: Third from the bottom), Voss By I-have-no-idea-but-I'm-too-lazy-to-go-upstairs-and-check (Pictured: Second from the bottom), and last (but definitely not least) Bestie and I indulged and each got separate of The Complete Novels of Jane Austen (Pictured: Very bottom).
     The second bookstore visit was to the obscure bookstore in town, and, boy, was I in Heaven! So many books! So many books for really low prices! Yes, that was me sitting down on the floor starting The Fellowship of the Ring (Even though I had no money left to purchase it) while my mom continued a conversation with the lady there. 
     Anyway, from that lovely place I purchased The Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson (Pictured: Very tippity-top), In Bloom By Louisa May Alcott (Pictured: Smack in the middle), Blue Willow By Doris Gates (Pictured: Second from top), and The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle By Avi (Pictured: Third from top).
     Wow, look at how much I wrote on my bookstore visits alone...nerd, much?


     4. These vintage postcards

Postcard #1 (front only)
Postcard #2 (Front and back)


     The same day Bestie and I hit the bookstore...we also hit the local antiques mall. We scored with our super vintage, super obscure vintage postcards. We each got two...and they are lovely!
     Side note: Postcard #1 just might be my new blog photo...

     5. East and West Vlog (Web series)
East and West Vlog opening sequence (via Google Images)

     Guys. Guys. GUYS.  I found my a new favorite web series!! This is a modern take on North and South, and it's so good! The acting is top notch...and I have never been so inspired to give the book another try! Here's the link to the first episode if you want to check it out! It's seriously amazing!

      Well, that's January 2015 for you guys! Let me know about your favorites of this month!























No comments:

Post a Comment