Sunday, August 24, 2014

Random Update

     This is one of those posts that is just a bit of an update, I mean, I don't see it following any pattern
    
  I've been ridiculously busy...as always. In fact, I seem to be busier now than I was during the summer. Now I have school, (soon) choir, work, and soon I'm starting another job, and then there's other things that are bound to be added to my schedule. I'm practically craving winter about now. I enjoy being busy, but I don't want the things I do to run my life.
    
  First, if you want to read something that made my week, you should probably read this article about courtship and why it's flawed. Honestly, reading that was like reading my own thoughts. Somebody finally put it into words!
    
  Also, I watched the season premiere of Doctor Who, and it was awesome! I love the new doctor, I love it all! So, yea.
     
   My best friend, and I auditioned for a local honors choir. (Ha! Bet you didn't know I like sing--wait, yea, you did...nevermind)I hate being the center of attention, so singing a solo for just one person drew out my nerves. All went well though, at least it must have because both my bestie and I got in! Practice starts next month, so there's that. I'm super excited about singing in a choir again!
     
   This other job I'm starting is watching kids a few times a month, that'll be a nice break from the golf course.
      
   Oh, right, the golf course, it's being sold at the end of this season, and there are no promises that it'll remain a golf course, so that's sad. I mean, I'm really going to miss it...and I don't even golf.
     
  Also, all of my college age friends are gone for the year...well, most of them. It's going to be so weird going into work on Monday because my brother and I are the only people on the morning crew now. In fact, it's just us and one other guy on the grounds crew now. Weird, and scary.
      
   I was/am sick with a cold which doesn't make things very fun at all, to be honest. It started on Tuesday, I think, and on Thursday I worked and everything, I felt like I was getting better...then I woke up Friday morning and my cold was all, "Haha, nope, I'm just getting worse!" I feel better today though, so that's nice.
     
   I feel like I'm being such a pessimist which is not like me at all! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!
     
   I have a goal to build up what I like to call a skyscraper of courage. Courage is something I believe I need a little more of, so yea, I've decided to build a metaphorical skyscraper out of courage. BAM! Bet you didn't see that comin--actually, you probably did...

   Oh, I did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge! It was quite chilling...
   
   Well, that's all, folks! Have a wonderful week!

    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment