Thursday, August 7, 2014

My Future Plans Rant

     When I was little, all I ever dreamed of being was a singer. Really, it's a strange dream for someone who dislikes being the center of attention...but, alas, it twas my dream.
      Now, as life has moved on, I have my plans for the future somewhat mapped out. I'm going to be a cosmetologist, at least, that's the plan. Some people have asked me why I want to go into cosmetology, and I clumsily answer about how it just sort of happened. Somehow, when I answer, I always make it sound like I don't really want to do it, and it's just a career. At the core, maybe that's how I feel, but cosmetology genuinely interests me. Not only because it's definitely something I will surely be good at, but it's a great career field to be in, and the prospect excites me. 
     When I tell people that I'm going to be a cosmetologist, I think they half-expect me to go on a rant about how I love make-up, and painting nails, and cutting hair, and oh, I've always been such a girly-girl...but all they get is my ridiculous speech about how it's a career field that I believe I can excel in, blah, blah, blah.
      As far as academics go, things just sort of happen for me. It just sort of happened that I did Alegbra I in 8th grade, it just sort of happened that that is what led to my finishing high school in just 3 years, it just so happened that cosmetology seems interesting to me.
      I am not a girly-girl in any sense (as you probably gathered from earlier posts), so I suppose that it's kind of odd that I'm choosing a career that seems so unlike me. Yea, I wear make-up, yea, I paint my nails...I've never had my hair cut in a professional style though, so there's still that. On the other hand, I hardly ever wear make-up, and when I do, it's as little as possible, I paint my nails one in a awhile, and my hair...my mom trims the ends for me once in awhile. That's it. That's how girly I am. Now, I like the way I am, I like what I do, where I live, even what I look like (whoa, shocker, I know!), and it's going to stay that way.
      I'm becoming a cosmetologist because it interests me, and if I don't pick some career to go into now, I will drive myself crazy. There, the real reason comes out. I am a person who is all about doing what's best with my time in the long run. I look toward the future often--something I should probably stop doing so much--, and if I don't have a plan for what's ahead, I'll just drive myself insane. It isn't like I have to know what I'm doing in the future, I think it's more that I have to know that I'm not going to waste my time...which is weird because I'm a very spontaneous person, soooo....?
      Well, wasn't this a lovely rant about a bunch of nonsense?

4 comments:

  1. Wow that's really interesting! Definitely not something I expected to hear! But cool, nonetheless ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Isabella!!!! You're nice comments always make me happy! :D

    ReplyDelete