Tuesday, June 10, 2014

What I've Been Up To

First of all, I haven't abandoned you. I've just been busy working, and reading, and totally forgetting about my character post yesterday. I would just put it up now, buuuut I'll just do it next week because I can't handle the idea of having a scheduled post a whole day late. Just the thought of it cringed me.

Well, to start things off, I went to the book store last week, and I've already read my books I bought. One was amazing and one was a pretty so-so read. 

The amazing one:
I'd heard of this book, and it looked different enough to get my attention. Behold, it was full of twists and turns that kept me on my toes, but it was also full of awesome characters that made me want to jump in the story and be a part of their world. I finished this book on the day I got it. It was just that good! I can't wait to get the next in the series!

The so-so one:
Please don't banish me from your life for this...
 
 This book was just what I expected it to be. It's your typical Young-Adult thriller. It was interesting, and it did have its own share of twists and turns, but none of the characters really stood out with their own distinct personality...Well, except for Chuck. Not surprisingly, Chuck was my favorite character...and also not surprisingly(*SPOILER ALERT*) he died. *Deep sigh of sadness and despair* I mean, I suppose I'll pick up the next one, but you know...

Other than that, I've just been busy working at the good ol' golf course. 

2 comments: