Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday Sunrise: New Thing

     So, an idea came to when a fellow blogger friend of mine, Isabela, offered up some writing ideas to cure my writer's block. Every Monday, even if I can't find anything else to write about, I can offer up a "Fictional character of the week". Every Monday, I'll write about one of my favorite fictional characters...just for fun! So, without further ado, here we go!

This week's fictional character: Liesel Meminger
                               
Sophie Nélisse as Liesel Meminger



Where she's found: The Book Thief (book by Markus Zusak and film produced by 20th Century Fox)

Why I love her: I love all of The Book Thief's characters equally, but I'll just talk about Liesel, so that you can discover the amazing cast in its entirety for yourself. Liesel is one of my favorite fictional characters because she loves words so much. Even before she knew how words worked, they drew her in. I, myself, being of literary interest, find this to make Liesel and I sort of, well, kindred spirits or something. I love words. She loves words. It's meant to be. 
                                         
Liesel's words

Other Notes: The book is, in my personal opinion, better than the film. I did enjoy the film though, but the book and the film aren't the same piece of work. I think that's something you have to realize when you watch it. They're two different pieces of work by two different people. Also, be ready to cry. I guarentee tears if you read the book or watch the film.

2 comments: