Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wednesday's Ray: A Poem and Such

    So, just to clarify, I'm still in a bit of a rut with my blogging ideas (If you have any ideas, please let me know!), but my life has also been really busy as of late. For example, I applied for a job Monday, and I babysat my niece and nephew for the better part of yesterday. 
    I have been trying to think of ideas on what to write, but everything I come up with seems too cliche or completely ridiculous. For now I'm just over in front of my computer staring at the screen, wishing I were able to come up with something interesting to write about. For now, I guess I shall just keep staring until something comes to me.
    I try to put into words the struggles that I'm facing right now, and right now my struggle is to find something to write. Well, that's really ironic, isn't it?
   
   I heard that April is National Poetry Month, and writing poetry is something I never tire of. So here's a poem for you!

                   
                                 --------The Curse of Higher Places--------


Higher places
are made of gold,
and all the lower spaces
are ghastly old.

We want sunny
to be our season,
but rainy 
never commits treason.

All of the lies
we wished away
were put in place
of painful things to say.

Here we are,
at higher ground.
Here we are,
through all the sound.

We can't look down
to the lower spot,
then we'll have to 
distinguish between
who we are
and who we're not.

Living lies.
That's what we are.
To get to higher ground.

We've gone that far.






"A Poem or two cannot hurt my coffee mood." ~m.b.

No comments:

Post a Comment