Saturday, March 22, 2014

Saturday Sunshyne: Coffee With God

     Before I begin, I'm sorry this is so late, but this Saturday has been painfully busy, and I didn't have time this morning to get all of this typed up. Also, I struggled with finding a topic for today which only delayed things further...
     
     This morning a major crisis rocked the house I live in: we were out of coffee! You have no idea what sort of mental trauma this coffee-loving family endured. We are true coffee addicts at my house, and mornings just aren't the same without that delicious black beverage that seems to warm the soul. Now, we've been out of coffee before, but this time I realized something as my coffee-less mind endured.
     When coffee is available, we drink it like we can't live without it, and when it's gone we realize how much we take advantage of it.  This made me think that coffee is a lot like God. We have God and we take advantage of that...until we really need him. I'm not going to deny the fact that I take God for granted. He's here for us when we need things. THE END. Well, coffee is here all of the time too(almost), but we don't realize how important it really is until it's gone. It's the same way with God. 
     We should go to God first, not last. We should treat God like we treat our coffee, we drink it every morning, and true coffee addicts drink coffee several time a day. God's the coffee, and we're the drinker, and many of us are not drinking God enough. When we wake up, we need to have a little God with our coffee. We need to realize that coffee is only the most important meal of the day after God. (Maybe your mind needs coffee to talk to God, and that's okay, I'm like that too.) 
     Why not Just invite God to have some coffee with you? God probably would enjoy a cup of coffee, especially if you were there. God likes you a lot, like seriously, and just the idea that you would want him to drink coffee with you overjoys him! I mean, God's always there anyway, so why not invite him to have a chat over coffee with you? 
     I mean, I'm sure everyone isn't a coffee-drinker, but everyone has a "coffee", maybe it's tea, maybe it's food...whatever it may be, I'm sure God would love to join you. The more coffee you drink, the better you feel, and the more you pray the better you become. So, it's really a win-win deal. 


"A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent." ~Unknown
    
(Once again, I'm sorry this is so short. I just like putting things shortly and simply sometimes, and long and complicated at other times.)
      
     

No comments:

Post a Comment