Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wednesday's Ray: The Books I Love

     I don't really have a deep subject for today, so I guess I'll talk about books! Oh, how I love books, I could read them all day--If life allowed such bliss. I guess some of you might have been a bit upset at my post concerning my literary choices(If you haven't read it, you can read it here) because I may have dissed a book you like, and for that I am profusely sorry. Such a post might have you wondering, "Well, what type of books does this picky person enjoy?", and that's why I'm here to answer such a simple question.
   
 Here are some popular books that I enjoy:

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins--It's really quite thrilling, and you should check it out if you haven't already.

Unbroken by Laura HillenBrand--This is kind of gruesome at points, but it has the most beautiful ending... at least I think so. 

Sadly, those are the only popular books that I enjoyed(I'm probably just picky)...well, it's the only one I could think of anyway. Next on my list are my favorite classics:

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen--I cannot begin to tell you how awesome this book truly is!

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee--Ah, now this book is...I have no words, it's amazing.

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott--This is such a real book, it's so raw in it's reality that it isn't hard to get lost in.

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery--Uh, you're not cool if you don't like Anne...

The Bridge to Terabithia By Katherine Paterson--This book made me cry even though I'd watched the movie beforehand. It really is a beautiful book!

Other favorites of mine include:

Hatchet by Gary Paulsen--Don't ask me why this is one of my favorite books, it just is.

The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare--You need to read this book, it is incredible!

The Angel on the Square by Gloria Whelan--This is another one of those books that's weirdly captivating to me...

Princess Academy By Shannon Hale--Just read it, you know you want to!

Entwined by Heather Dixon--It's a re-telling of the The Twelve Princesses or whatever that fairy tale is called. It's a great take on it. ;)

The Thief Series by Megan Whalen Turner--I love this series dearly, it's so different, so mysterious, so wonderful...

Well, if you were looking for something to read, I hope that I've cured you. I know this isn't what you expected for a blog post today, but I was at a wall and I thought I'd improvise for now. I hope you understand how much I truly adore literature, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!



No comments:

Post a Comment