Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wednesday's Ray: Praising God in the Hallway

     As a high school student, the future can be uncertain and quite scary. Yet, somehow, I have learned to be excited and ready for the future like never before. Of course, I let go of worry for excitement with God's help because, if you know me, I tend to dwell on the future all too much.
      For a long while, I often felt trapped in my high school world of education and laziness. I seemed to have no exact place where God wanted me, and I wasn't sure what to do. I began to realize that, while I felt like I was not doing much at all, God was still working in my life. 
     There's a quote that goes something like, "While you wait for God to open a door, praise him in the hallway."(unknown). I guess I'm stuck in the hallway of life for now, and I'm okay with it. As long as I can praise God and do his will here in the hallway, I'm happy. My life seems monotonous and without point, but I'm just waiting in this hallway for God to open a door.
      This reminded me that there are many things in life that we spend our lives waiting for impatiently(A spouse, summer, a chance, etc.), and we just expect God to open doors when we want him too. The thing is, we're in the hallway so that God can prepare us for what's ahead, he's having us wait because he cares about us. He also wants us to realize that even while we're waiting, there is so much to be done. We can't sit idly and do nothing. We need to do what we can do instead of moping about.
    Sometimes we try to rush what we're waiting for or, in other words, we go knocking on all of the doors in the hallway to see what's behind them. We turn our backs on God to quench our selfish impatience. We assume we know what's best for us, so we go knocking on all the doors. Last time I checked, everything ahead of us is in God's hands, and we can't control that. That's just the way life is, so let's stop focusing on what's ahead, okay? 
    No matter what we're waiting for, whether it be summertime, or " the one", or a wind of change, God will give you what you need in his time, not yours. We're always going to waiting in hallways in this world because, even after we've done all we can do, we're stuck in a bigger hallway waiting for God to open the door to Heaven. We may as well learn to wait because trying to speed up the process is only going to make things worse. 

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. --Philippians 4:19


I feel like my blog posts are getting shorter and shorter, but somethings are summed up so easily in only a few words, I guess. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment