Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday Sunrise: Elizabeth and Darcy

Fictional Character(s) of the week: Elizabeth Bennet and Mr.(Fitzwilliam)Darcy


Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth as Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy(1995)

Where they're found: The classic Pride & Prejudice novel by Jane Austen, and there are also several different adaptions.

Why I love them: Well, honestly, I love them because they start out blind about each other. Obviously, in the end the end up together, but there is so much drama, so much depth, so much story. There's actually a lot more to the book than just Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, but they're my two favorite characters. Elizabeth is so different form other heroines of her time, and really she's a breed all her own. Her personality is so realistic, I think that's what I love about her the most. Even way back when, Jane Austen wrote a real character. Darcy starts out as a bit of a jerk, but he gets his stuff right...eventually. 
The Lizzie Bennet Diary's Lizzie(Ashley Clements) and Darcy (Daniel Vincent Gordh) 
Other Notes: I haven't seen the newer film, so I cannot give my full opinion on it, but I've heard that it's not as good as the older one. People will like what they like, however, and if they like the less accurate version, then so be it.





No comments:

Post a Comment