Friday, May 23, 2014

Tidbits

     So, my head has been full of a lot of nonsense, so here they are: the thoughts that wander about my head. Literally, this post has no organization. I just kind of threw it together...

     As I pulled weeds at work today, I took some time to decide whether I am a leader or a follower in life. I mused over this question for a quick moment before I decided that I am neither. 
     I am not a leader.
     I am not a follower. 
     I do not lead people while I'm with them, I don't have the mental mindset to lead people. I don't really follow what others around me do either, I'll follow if it's practical, but I'll leave if it's impractical. I am independent of being a leader or a follower.
    I guess I could potentially be both, or more of a follower, but truth be told that's the easy way out. For now, I'm neither.
Something somewhat inspiring
      I think it's silly that some women want to be like men so badly. You're a woman, and by trying so hard to do the things men do, you're unconsciously making your own sex seem degrading and useless. You're basically making it look like being a women isn't even admirable.
     Uh, sorry, not true! 
     You aren't giving women more power, you're not making them equal to men, you're making them look like the only way they can be anything is to be like men. Women can't be men because they're women. You can do what a man does, I don't care, but don't do it to be a message to other women, do it because it's something you like to do. It works the other way around too. Don't let people tell you that doing something like being a make-up artist is too girly. That's ridiculous. You do what you enjoy, don't let other people decide for you.


A random picture I like
      Being independent when forming an opinion is important. When I was younger, I used to hate when other peoples' opinions got in the way of letting me make my own opinion. Ever since then, I have tried to form my own opinions through mental rebellion. I reject the opinion of others until I am able to form my own. At least, that's how I try to work. Sometimes it doesn't work. 






No comments:

Post a Comment